Exceptional and Rare Career Opportunity: Always Wear Red - Marketing Communicator/Co-ordinator
CLOSING: 5pm, Friday 10th March, 2017.
This rare and intriguing opportunity is to quickly become the pivotal Marketing Communicator/Co-ordinator for a significant, up-and-coming luxury fashion brand that is based in Newcastle upon Tyne. They have additional team members and a presence in London.
This is initially an internal entry-level role so that Always Wear Red leadership can intensively train and support you. It is then entirely down to you to quickly grow your role and consequently your package.
The plan is that, ultimately - with hard work and determination - you will become a key player as part of the brand leadership team.
Please note that Always Wear Red do not expect you to be exceptional in all of the areas below straight away. But they do expect you to have an authentic, sincere desire and determination to become truly exceptional in all of the areas below, within the first 6 to 12 months of your appointment. It will be clear that you have this promise when they meet you.
Some evening and weekend work will definitely be required and expected.
- Generation of all Social Media content, aligned to the brand strategy.
- Scheduling of all Social Media content.
- Implementing a wide range of tactical and strategic marketing activities (offline and online). Includes seasonal and other cyclical and stand-alone campaigns and product launches.
- Communicating in writing, face-to-face, by telephone and email with a wide range of people both inside and outside of the business. This includes building and maintaining strong, win:win relationships with associated brands, other significant friends and associates and highest-level celebrities/high profile personalities and fashion communicators globally.
- Daily blogging.
- Daily vlogging.
- Taking an in-house PR-type approach to brand communications.
- Shooting video and post-production.
- Photography – product, streetstyle, news, BTS and more.
- Attending events.
- Organising events.
- Attending, initiating and running regular fashion shoots.
- Packaging and fulfilment for the e-commerce aspect of the business.
- Website and e-commerce store maintenance and campaign updates.
- Email marketing and contact data management and analysis.
- Marketing data analysis (business performance and analytics).
- Additional and ongoing reading to learn and grow our business and to develop a deep understanding of our brand, its commitment to quality and its vision.
- Anything else as required by the brand owner that becomes a requirement as the business evolves.
The successful applicant will have an authentic love and knowledge of fashion and the fashion industry and a positive, can-do approach. Please also note that whilst this exceptional opportunity is really great fun, it is also only for the attitudinally mature, extremely hard working and the committed. You should be well presented, personable and likeable as you will be representing the brand at all times, inside and outside of work hours (we are branding even when we think we are not).
Please note that the ability to write 100% accurate (spelling and grammar), clear, compelling, well laid out and perfectly punctuated copy is crucial to this role. You will also be expected to express and develop further the instinct of a budding journalist; intuitively knowing which current theories, trends, ideas and news we should be involved with, commenting upon and creating. You will be driven to obsessively support the growth of our sales and our business.
This entry-level role may be suited to a Higher-Level Apprenticeship, Internship or Undergraduate (targeting a full time permanent role), Graduate or complete fashion-obsessive from any background whatsoever, so long as you show promise and have the drive and determination to be the very, very best.
How to Apply
Please read this entire blog post carefully.
Please send a bang up to date cv and an exceptional/stand-out covering email expressing an in indepth knowledge of our brand and explaining in detail why you are right for this brand and this role to email@example.com.
Superstars only, please.
CLOSING: 5pm, Friday 10th March, 2017.
Northern Clothing and Textile Network is supported Design Network North, which is part of RTC’s new programme called ‘Designing Better Business’ – launched in 2016 - which will provide support for north east businesses looking to continue to innovate and design better world leading products. RTC was founded in 1989 with the sole purpose of helping businesses innovate and create new higher value products. Today, the business operates out of offices in Sunderland, Gateshead, Leeds and Daresbury and specialises in helping companies develop new products, embed new skills through training and access funding for innovation.
‘Designing Better Business’ is part funded by European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020